Firefighters called to tanning salon after fire breaks out in sun bed

Emergency services were called to tanning salon after fire broke out in a sunbed – and there were initial fears someone was trapped.

Friday, 28th June 2019, 4:17 pm
Updated Friday, 28th June 2019, 6:12 pm

Three fire crews were called to the fire at Heavenly Heat, in Chester-le-Street, which broke out in one of the sunbeds.

The fire was extinguished and no one was injured although there were initial fears of people may have been trapped.

A spokesman for County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service said: “We were called to a small fire in one of the sun beds on the first floor of the tanning salon and crews extinguished the fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Picture by Lindsey Neil.

“We initially mobilised three crews following reports there might have been a person trapped.”

A fire broke out at Heavenly Heat tanning salon in Chester-le-street. Picture by Lindsey Neil.
A fire broke out at Heavenly Heat tanning salon in Chester-le-street. Picture by Lindsey Neil.