Fire tackled in a Hendon house

A fire in a terraced Sunderland house destroyed a tumble dryer and the contents of a cupboard.

Sunday, 12th March 2017, 9:29 am
Updated Friday, 24th March 2017, 10:24 am
Commercial Road, Hendon. Picture from Google Images.

Fire crews from Sunderland Central and North Moor fire stations were called to a house off Commercial Road in Hendon at 6.55pm on Saturday.

They tackled a blaze in a two-storey end terrace property and the fire was reported in a ground floor bathroom cupboard.

Tyne and Wear Fire Brigade said a tumble dryer and the contents of a cupboard were 100 per cent damaged by fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The ground floor bathroom and adjoining kitchen were 60 per cent damaged by heat and the rest of the ground floor suffered smoke damage

The first floor was also moderately smoke damaged and firemen used one hose reel to tackle the blaze.