Fire leaves kitchen of Sunderland home severely damaged
A kitchen has been ruined by a blaze which took four firefighters to put out.
Two appliances from North Moor Fire Station were sent to a mews property in Ashkirk in Gilley Law to deal with the fire.
Four officers were sent in wearing breathing apparatus and used a hose reel to put out the blaze, with a fan then used to clear the area of smoke fumes.
Damage was caused to the cooker and extractor fan, with the kitchen itself left wrecked by the smoke.
The incident happened at 8.30pm yesterday.