Fire leaves kitchen of Sunderland home severely damaged

A kitchen has been ruined by a blaze which took four firefighters to put out.

Thursday, 26th April 2018, 6:59 am
Updated Thursday, 26th April 2018, 7:06 am
Ashkirk in Gilley Law, Sunderland. Image copyright Google Maps.

Two appliances from North Moor Fire Station were sent to a mews property in Ashkirk in Gilley Law to deal with the fire.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Four officers were sent in wearing breathing apparatus and used a hose reel to put out the blaze, with a fan then used to clear the area of smoke fumes.

Damage was caused to the cooker and extractor fan, with the kitchen itself left wrecked by the smoke.

The incident happened at 8.30pm yesterday.