Fire crews tackle house fire in Sunderland
Firefighters tackled a blaze in the chimney breast of a property in Sunderland last night.
The fire took place at a house in Langport Road, Sunderland.
The occupier was uninjured, and got out of the property before the arrival of fire crews.
A Tyne and Wear Rescue service spokesman said: "Yesterday, at 10.13pm, we attended a property in Langport Road, Sunderland.
"Two appliances - one from Sunderland and one from Farringdon - went to a two-storey detached house.
"The fire was confined to the chimney breast.
"Fire crews used cutting equipment to remove a section of the chimney breast wall and used a bucket of water to extinguish the fire.
"The occupier was uninjured, and self-rescued before the arrival of fire crews.
"Fire crews administered oxygen therapy until the arrival of paramedics."