A PUB was evacuated after a chimney fire broke out as drinkers enjoyed a post derby celebration.
Firefighters were called to the Museum Vaults at 6.30pm on Sunday.
Crews arrived to find about 10 customers standing outside.
Watch Manager Gary Teasdale, from Sunderland Fire Station, said: “There is a real fire in the pub and the chimney has somehow caught alight.
“It was initially hard to see where exactly the fire was and we wanted to cause as little water damage as possible to the pub itself.
“There were a few customers waiting outside, I guess some of them were still celebrating the derby win.”
Firefighters remained at the Silksworth Row pub until about 9pm.