Do you still need help with bins?

Have your say

DURHAM County Council is getting in touch with people who receive help to put out their bins and boxes for collection.

The council’s assisted collection service is available where all residents aged over 16 are unable to move their wheeled bins, or recycling box, to the collection point because of ill health, infirmity or disability.

It is several years since the list of those receiving the service was updated, so the authority is contacting households to check whether they still require assistance.

More than 13,100 residents who applied for assistance before January 2012 will receive a letter and a form to fill in confirming whether they still need the service.

Residents can also complete the form online by visiting