Infamous Sunderland loverat headbutted girlfriend in row over toastie

Snatch at Sunderland Mags of love rat, Keith McDonald up in court for assault, theft and criminal damage
Snatch at Sunderland Mags of love rat, Keith McDonald up in court for assault, theft and criminal damage
Have your say

INFAMOUS love rat Keith Macdonald headbutted one of his ex-girlfriends after a row over a toastie.

The 27-year-old – who reportedly has nine children – left Stephanie Jubb with two black eyes after he attacked her.

Sunderland magistrates heard that the on-off couple originally met in 2005, and got back together again in February.

As well as assault, Macdonald was found guilty of taking Ms Jubb’s mobile phone and £80 from the house they were sharing in Meadow Street, East Rainton.

The lothario, originally from Washington, first made headlines in 2005 when the Echo revealed he had fathered six children by six different women by the time he was 20.

He claimed he wooed girls with his chat-up lines on buses he rode from The Galleries shopping centre.

Appearances on The Jeremy Kyle Show followed, thrusting him into the national spotlight.

Prosecutor Keith Laidlaw told a trial at Sunderland Magistrates’ Court yesterday, that on March 1, Macdonald had returned to Ms Jubb’s home in the afternoon.

He made himself a toastie, but when Ms Jubb said he could not eat it upstairs because she had tidied that part of the house, his temper grew.

After following Macdonald upstairs, Ms Jubb ripped the plug from his XBox console.

In retaliation, he pulled out her Nintendo Wii games console and threw it across the room.

Ms Jubb, 24, said: “He started throwing his arms around and contort his face up, which I knew would usually be when he was going to lose his temper.”

After a struggle, in which Ms Jubb tried to block Macdonald from leaving the house, he assaulted her.

“He got a hold of me by both of my arms and headbutted me in the face,” she said.

“The bridge of my nose was burst, but I didn’t know my nose was bleeding at that point.

“I only noticed the blood on my T-shirt when I got next door.”

Ms Jubb fled to next door neighbour Paul Gascoigne’s house to ring 999.

Returning home, she then found that her Sony Ericsson mobile phone had gone as well as £80 which she kept in a mug.

She was then taken to the University Hospital of North Durham by ambulance for treatment to her injuries.

A tearful Ms Jubb said: “I had two black eyes the next day. I felt upset, angry and hurt.”

Macdonald, now of Uttoxeter Road, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, was arrested the next day and taken to Washington Police Station after he was spotted by Northumbria Police officers.

Macdonald, who did not turn up for the trial, was found guilty of common assault by beating, criminal damage to the Wii and theft of the £80 and the mobile phone.

Chairman of the bench David Kent said Ms Jubb’s evidence had been “clear and compelling.”

He issued a warrant for Macdonald’s arrest so he can be sentenced.

Twitter: @davidallison88