Christmas decorations spark blaze at Washington home after being left on top of boom box

A family is lucky to have escaped with their lives after a fire broke out in their Washington home.

Saturday, 13th January 2018, 11:49 am
Updated Saturday, 13th January 2018, 11:55 am
Fireifghters were called to an address in Marlborough Road in Washington

Firefighters from Washington were called to Marlborough Road, Sulgrave, just after 9am, today.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A plastic bag containing Christmas decorations caught fire after being left on top of a boom box which had overheated.

The family had managed to escape the two-storey property ahead of fire crews arriving.

The blaze left the living room destroyed and caused smoke damage to the dining room and kitchen.