Caravan fire spread

0
Have your say

BATTERIES on charge in a caravan are thought to have caused a fire which spread to a car and damaged two houses.

The blaze broke out in the caravan at about 2am today in Eastfield, Peterlee.

The fire left the Shogun 4x4 parked next to it damaged and the front window of the bungalow smashed.

The guttering and timbers of the house were also affected by the heat.

The drainpipes of a neighbouring home also melted.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the attached garage of the bungalow to open its rollers shutter door and release smoke, which had built up inside, and checked the attic to ensure it was not alight.

Fans were used to clear both homes of smoke and fumes.