Boy got trapped in vending machine

Share this article
Have your say

A THREE-year-old got his hand stuck in a vending machine after reaching to grab a bouncy ball.

Firefighters spent two hours trying to free Alfie Vargus’s hand from the machine in Hartlepool.

The youngster paid £1 for the ball from the toy machine.

His hand became stuck when he went to grab it and he had to be cut free.

Mum Sharon Parkin, 36, of Peterlee, praised the firefighters.

She said: “They covered him with their jackets as they worked.

“He was so brave.”