Uber launches in Sunderland today - but how does it work?
1. Using the Uber app, riders can choose their journey and set their location.
2. Users are then sent a picture of their driver and vehicle details.
3. Customers can even track their car’s arrival on a map.
4. When you arrive at your destination there’s no need to tip. Uber will charge the credit or debit card which they have on file.
5. Users can rate their driver and provide anonymous feedback about the trip.
6. Pricing for each journey varies, with charges likely to be higher at busy times.
7. A sample fare offered by Uber would typically cost a rider £3.50 to get from Park Lane in Sunderland city centre to the Stadium of Light.