Get your tassels in a twirl as An Evening of Burlesque brings some glitz and glamour to the Sunderland Empire.
Britain’s biggest burlesque extravaganza is coming to town, direct from London’s West End – and you could be there for free.
We’ve teamed up with the producers of the show to give away two pairs of tickets to the Wearside leg of the tour on September 27.
This week, they also revealed a fresh cast of burlesque stars who will be gracing the stage for the over-18s only show.
Show producer Michael Taylor, said: “For 2013, an all-new cast has been assembled, comprising of the cream of British burlesque performers.
“Theatre-goers are invited to enjoy an all-new riotous romp into the bizarre world of burlesque and cutting-edge variety.”
Themes will include evocative Arabian Nights, fan-dancing fantasies, foxy 40s WAF sirens, bubblegum blowing baseball babes and cheesecake pin-ups.
Audience members are also invited to dress up for the spectacular, with the best-dressed theatre-goer winning a prize.
Michael added: “The show is an opportunity to forget about all your troubles for an evening and enjoy the thrills and spills of modern-day burlesque.
“Theatregoers completely immerse themselves in the evening’s entertainment.”
The new cast members are:
* The Folly Mixtures – a burlesque quartet choreographed to thrill, featuring an assortment of themed routines.
* Ivy Paige – the evening’s most welcoming compere.
* Coco Dubois – trained at the Royal Central School of Speech and Drama, the international burlesque sensation is a talented songstress and actress in her own right. She’s described as Marilyn Monroe and Jessica Rabbit rolled into one.
* Miss Ooh La Lou – described as Police Academy dream babe and a bit Britney, a bit Goldie Hawn. She trained at Italia Conti and has appeared in numerous West End musicals.
* Miss Felixy Splits – another product of Italia Conti, the all-singing, all-dancing performer typifies the cheesecake pin-up look.
* Bettsie Bon Bon – A one-time Lloyds underwriter with a law degree, she combines sauce with tease and glamour.
* Liberty Sweet – trained at the Royal Academy of Dance, she performs with her own sparkle-encrusted swing. Liberty has appeared at the Edinburgh Festival and ITV’s Alan Titchmarsh Show.
* Angie Sylvia – trained in hip hop and vogue at the Broadway Dance Center, New York. Her repertoire also includes Arabian Nights, complete with fire eating.
* AJ James – experience gravity-defying feats of balance involving knife juggling that features audience participation with a wince-inducing twist – they throw the knives
* Chloe Hula Girl – she’s gearing up for an explosive hula-hoop performance.
* An Evening of Burlesque is at Sunderland Empire on September 27 at 8pm. Tickets are priced £24 from Tel. 0844 871 3022.