Chart-topping hit Party Rock Anthem has become the biggest selling track of the year on iTunes.
The track by US act LMFAO featuring Lauren Bennett and GoonRock beat best-sellers by Adele and Maroon 5 to top Apple's year-end download chart.
Unsurprisingly, Adele's album 21 was the most downloaded of the year after it was named the biggest selling album of the century earlier this week.
Her debut album 19 also saw a huge resurgence, becoming the eleventh biggest seller of the year, almost three years after its release.
Rihanna's Loud was runner-up while Bruno Mars's Doo-Wops & Hooligans came third.
On the singles front, Adele's Someone Like You was the second most downloaded track, and another of her songs Rolling In The Deep figured at number seven.
The star is currently convalescing following an operation to save her voice, although she recently posted a message to fans to say that she can now talk again. She was nominated for six Grammys just days ago.
Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger was in third position in the iTunes singles chart for the year, with Jessie J at number four with Price Tag.
Adele was also named artist of the year by iTunes editorial team.
She said: "I'm thrilled to top the iTunes album chart of 2011 and to be iTunes Artist of the Year is just amazing."
New artist of the year is Ed Sheeran.
The biggest sellers were named in the iTunes Rewind 2011 list.
Biggest selling iTunes singles:
1. LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem (feat Lauren Bennett & GoonRock)
2. Adele - Someone Like You
3. Maroon 5 - Moves Like Jagger
4. Jessie J - Price Tag (feat. B.o.B.)
5. Pitbull - Give Me Everything (feat. Ne-Yo)
6. Bruno Mars - Grenade
7. Adele - Rolling In The Deep
8. Jennifer Lopez - On The Floor
9. Drake - What's My Name?
10. Rihanna - We Found Love (feat. Calvin Harris)
Biggest selling albums:
1. Adele - 21
2. Rihanna - Loud
3. Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans
4. Ed Sheeran - + (Deluxe Version)
5. Chase & Status - No More Idols
6. Jessie J - Who You Are (Platinum Edition)
7. Lady GaGa - Born This Way
8. Tinie Tempah - Disc-Overy
9. Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto
10. Various Artists - Now That's What I Call Music! 79