WIN a once-in-a-lifetime chance to run at the new Olympic stadium in London!
Echo readers are today given the unique opportunity to run at the new Olympic Park and cross the Stadium finish line ... before any of our Olympic medal hopefuls.
The ballot for one of the 5,000 places to take part in The National Lottery Olympic Park Run on Saturday, March 31, is now closed.
But the Echo has TEN places to give away to readers for the very first public event to be staged in the magnificent Olympic Stadium.
This historic five-mile run, which celebrates the contribution of The National Lottery and its players to London 2012 is open to anyone aged 16 or over, of any running ability.
The course will cross the Olympic Park and offer access across it on a scale not yet experienced by the public.
The route will pass alongside the other iconic Olympic and Paralympic Games venues that The National Lottery has helped fund and where many elite athletes’ hopes and dreams of London 2012 medal success will be realised just a few months later.
The run will end on the home straight in the spectacular Olympic Stadium. Hoping to cross the finish line first will also be a host of former and current Olympic and Paralympic athletes and celebrity runners.
Everyone taking part will receive a computer chip timing for an accurate running time, a souvenir finisher’s medal, on-course refreshments, branded t-shirt to run in and a finisher’s pack.
And not only that, each runner will also get two spectator tickets for family or friends to take their seat in the Olympic Stadium itself and cheer them on!
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning one of the places is to text in with the correct answer to the question in the panel on the left and then be one of the first ten drawn out of the hat.
TO HAVE a chance of winning a place in The National Lottery Olympic Park Run, just answer the following question.
In which year was the Olympics last held in London?
a) 1936 b) 1948 c) 1956
Text SEC RUN along with your answer (a, b or c) plus your name, house number, postcode and email address (max 160 characters) and send to 61500.
For example, SEC (space) RUN (space) a,b or c, name and address – send to 61500
Texts cost 25p plus standard network rates. This will be charged to your mobile phone bill. Lines close at midnight, Wednesday, January 18. Entries received after the closing date will not be counted but may still be charged. For terms and conditions, plus details about how we may use your information for marketing and how you can opt-out, see our Fair Collection Notice printed on page 2.
Standard JP Competition terms and conditions apply. Click here to view terms and conditions.
* Camelot UK Lotteries Limited – the licensed operator of The National Lottery – will send an email to each of the ten winners which will contain a hyperlink which winners must click on, register a new user account and enter in their contact details and information related to their participation in the run.
On completion each winner will then be sent a further email to confirm both their place on The National Lottery Olympic Park Run and associated spectator pass for two people.
The National Lottery Olympic Park Run Terms and Conditions
BY entering this competition all entrants agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms”) and the General Conditions of Entry applicable to The National Lottery Olympic Park Run, available at https://entry1.enteronline.org/TermsConditions.aspx?StreamID=5001&EventID=1001
1. The competition is open to UK and Isle of Man residents aged 16 or over excluding employees of the Camelot Group of Companies, the National Lottery Commission, Johnston Publishing and their immediate families.
2. The competition runs from January 11 to midnight, January 18.
3. No purchase is necessary.
4. The first 10 correct answers to be picked at random will be the winners. The winners will be notified by phone by the Sunderland Echo. The Sunderland Echo will provide winner details to Camelot and on receipt Camelot will be responsible for sending an email to each of the ten winners by February 7 which will contain a hyperlink which winners must click on, register a new user account and enter in their contact details and information related to their participation in the run. On completion each winner will then be sent a further email to confirm both their place on The National Lottery Olympic Park Run and associated spectator pass for two people.
5.The winners will each receive one free entry into TNLOPR. Each winner will also receive two spectator passes which will allow access to the Olympic Stadium only, to watch TNLOPR.
6.The winning places are non-transferable and there will be no cash alternative.
7.The winners and their two spectator guests must arrange their own travel and accommodation in relation to participation in and attendance at TNLOPR, and will be responsible for the costs of such travel and accommodation as well all other costs associated with participation in and attendance at TNLOPR.
8.Camelot shall bear no responsibility for the winners’ participation in the TNLOPR or spectator’s attendance at the Olympic Stadium. Winners are responsible for obtaining any insurance they require to participate in TNLOPR.
9.All winners will be asked to participate in publicity to promote the event.
10.Sunderland Echo’s specific terms and conditions of entry may apply. In the event of a conflict between those specific terms and conditions and these Terms, these Terms will take priority.
11.Entries not complying with these Terms will not be valid.
12.No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter’s decision is final.
13.The Promoter is: Johnston Press, trading as Sunderland Echo, Echo House, Pennywell, Sunderland, SR4 9ER