WOLVES have today called for a resolution on Sunderland’s pursuit of Steven Fletcher after rejecting another bid for the striker’s services.
Sunderland submitted an improved offer for Fletcher on Monday after seeing a £12million bid for the 25-year-old turned down by the Championship outfit last week.
But in a statement released today, Wolves have confirmed they have rejected Sunderland’s latest offer and insist Fletcher will remain at Molineux unless their asking price is met, which is thought to be in excess of £15m.
Wolves chief executive Jez Moxey said: “All parties need to draw a line under this matter, which has now dragged on for over a month.
“We need to focus on the season ahead and these disruptions to the squad’s preparations are unhelpful.
“We have always said we want to keep our best players.
“If our valuations of them are not met then they will remain at Wolves but we cannot allow this speculation about their futures to drag on indefinitely up to the closure of the transfer window.”