WITH news that the total money spent in this year’s January transfer window has hit £126million, exceeding last year’s total of £120m, now is a good time look at the most expensive transfers of this window so far involving Premier League clubs.
10. Jaanai Gordon (Peterborough to West Ham United, £3.5m)
9. Ignacio Scocco (Internacional to Sunderland, £4m)
8. Nikica Jelavic (Everton to Hull City, £5.25 + £1m)
7. Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur to Toronto FC, £6m)
6. Shane Long (West Brom to Hull City, £7m)
5. Mohamed Salah (FC Basle to Chelsea, £11m)
4. Kostas Mitroglou (Olympiakos to Fulham, £12m)
3. Kurt Zouma (St-Etienne to Chelsea, £12.5m)
2. Nemanja Matic (Benfica to Chelsea, £22m)
1. Juan Mata (Chelsea to Man Utd, £37.1m)
Obviously this list could be vastly different with Premier League clubs having spent over £700m in transfer fees this season. It going to be an interesting evening whatever happens.