DEMBA Ba’s finally up and running at Newcastle United – and convinced he made the right summer move.
The striker opened his account with a memorable hat-trick in last Saturday’s 3-1 win over Blackburn Rovers.
Ba is looking forward to tomorrow’s visit to Molineux, when Newcastle will look to make it seven Premier League games unbeaten.
“I’m happy to have made the move here,” Ba said. “I made the right decision – I have no regrets.
“Everybody’s happy and playing well, and looking forward to the next game.
“We have great players in the side and we want to keep it going.”
Ba’s slow start to the season was put down in part to his observance of the Muslim month of fasting, Ramadan, when he couldn’t eat or drink during daylight hours.
However, the 26-year-old’s started getting into his stride earlier this month.
And the Senegal international, signed from West Ham United in the summer, is now 100 per cent fit.
“I have my sharpness back now – I’ve felt that in the last two or three weeks.”
Manager Alan Pardew believes the hat-trick has taken a weight off Ba’s shoulders.
“It was very pleasing for me, as I brought him to this club,” he said.
“He’s a great character, and a great goalscorer. He’s always moving in the box.
“Demba was always going to get goals, but three in one game was unexpected.
“He can start focusing on finishing top goalscorer for the club.”
Ba is likely to again be partnered by Leon Best, who has also scored three goals this season.
Meanwhile, defender Davide Santon is in Newcastle’s squad for Molineux after making a successful comeback from injury for the reserves.
However, the 20-year-old won’t start, and Ryan Taylor will again play at left-back.
Pardew said: He’ll not play – 100 per cent – but he’ll travel.
“It’s been a really big week for him, and I’m really pleased.”
Santon, signed from Inter Milan last month, is yet to make his debut, having been sidelined by a knee injury.