Chesterfield 6 Hartlepool Utd 1
Managerless Hartlepool United crashed out of the FA Cup as League Two Chesterfield inflicted a humiliating 6-1 defeat, writes Craig Hope.
The result – and embarrassing nature of the performance – would have done little to aid caretaker boss Micky Barron’s hopes of landing the full-time role.
From the off, the hosts – who are 16th in the fourth tier – bossed their lethargic and pitiful visitors.
Scott Boden (16) opened the scoring before Mark Randall (29) and Craig Clay (42) put the tie out of sight by half-time.
Terrell Forbes (54) added a fourth and Jack Lester’s fifth came just one minute after a Tony Sweeney (78) consolation.
And the humbling was complete when Craig Westcarr made it six at the death.
* Full report in this weekend’s Football Echo - out tomorrow
- Boss Di Canio wants six new men for Sunderland
- Bus crashes into Sunderland JobCentre
- Pool pervert used shoe mirror to spy on woman changing in Sunderland Aquatic Centre
- Survival assured, Sunderland boss can plan future
- ‘You can’t live a lie and spend your life feeling sad’ – transgender modelling competition finalist tells all
- DOBSON MARKS START OF HEALTH C
- Di Canio: Sunderland players will get a shorter summer break if they don’t perform well at Tottenham
- Last post is 6.30pm (but get here by 5.30pm)
- TV chef Martin Blunos takes over the kitchen at Seaham Hall
- Sunderland museums and arts centres lose out as donations head to London
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Sunderland
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North