King ready to ‘smash up’ Ball in Rainton Meadows Arena

Jordan King. Picture by Joe Spence

Jordan King. Picture by Joe Spence

0
Have your say

Unbeaten Jordan King says he is ready to “smash up” Jason Ball when the pair meet next Friday.

The Hetton fighter, whose record stands at 5-0, is fighting for the first time since stopping Iain Jackson in April.

Yet, despite seven months of inactivity, King believes he is the fittest he has ever been.

“I’m really prepared,” said super-middleweight King. “I’ve given 110 per cent in training and right now is the probably the fittest I have ever felt,

“I feel strong, I feel good at the weight and come fight night I’m ready to smash him (Ball) up.”

Ball is a come-forward fighter, who as recently as last year challenged for the English title at middleweight.

The Doncaster fighter also notably took Chris Eubank Jr the six-round distance, in the WBA Interim middleweight champion’s second professional fight.

While King admits Ball will offer his sternest examination to date, he is confident his superior boxing style will prove too much for the 32-year-old.

King added: “Up to now, he’s probably the toughest opponent I have faced. We know he’s going to come to fight, but I’ve been working hard in the gym and I’m just going to use my boxing skills to pick him off in the first couple of rounds.”

Having been in the pro ranks for two years, King is ready to make a step up.

“I’m feeling confident,” he said. “A Northern Area title shot has been talked about, but we’ll see. I’m ready to step it up now.”