Resident burned by a blazing chip pan in Sunderland home

Chip pan fire in Sunderland.
Chip pan fire in Sunderland.
4
Have your say

A householder suffered a minor burn after a chip pan caught fire.

Firefighters from Fulwell, Sunderland Central and Farringdon were called to Sea View Gardens where the pan was ablaze.

The occupants were self-rescued before the arrival of the fire services.

One person needed treatment from paramedics for a minor burn.

The blaze was confined to the kitchen causing damage to the cooker and some nearby clothes.