Mercury spill at Sunderland home sparks chemical alert

Argyle Square. Picture from Google Images

Argyle Square. Picture from Google Images

3
Have your say

Firefighters had to call in a special appliance to deal with a chemical spillage at a house in Sunderland.

A crew from Sunderland Central fire station used breathing apparatus and drafted in assistance from Newcastle after they were called to deal with mercury from a broken thermometer at a house in Argyle Square, Ashbrooke, just after 6pm.

No-one was hurt.