WATCH: Christmas lights spark an inferno in just seconds

0
Have your say

A house fire, most likely sparked by faulty Christmas tree lights, envelopes a living room in a shocking 46 seconds.

The footage is not from the North East, but has been shared nationally by the West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service as part of a Fire Kills campaign to highlight the dangers at this time of year.

Christmas Tree fire destroys living room.''West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service

Christmas Tree fire destroys living room.''West Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service

Their message states: “Fire Kills wants everyone to enjoy their Christmas. Check your Christmas tree lights are in good condition, turn them off before you go to bed and be safe at home over the festive season.

“Keeping your tree well watered can also prevent fire from taking hold. Fire kills - you can prevent it."

Go to http://www.direct.gov.uk/firekills for more information.