Washing machine sparks fire in former Sunderland petrol station

editorial image
0
Have your say

An electrical fault with a washing machine sparked a blaze at a former petrol station.

Firefighters from Rainton Bridge and Farringdon were called to Station Road in Hetton-le-Hole, last night.

A washing machine at the former petrol station had caught fire after suffering an electrical fault.

The fire started at about 8.20pm damaging the washing machine.

The building which was the former petrol station shop suffered smoke damage.

The cause of the fire was accidental.