Utility room damaged in Sunderland house fire

editorial image
0
Have your say

TWELVE firefighters put out a blaze which destroyed the contents of a home’s utility room.

Crews from Sunderland Central and Farringdon stations attended the fire to the building in the back yard of a mid-terraced home in Percy Terrace, Hendon, at around 2pm on Sunday.

The occupant and members of his family tried unsuccessfully to put out the fire with a garden hose.

They were given oxygen by the fire brigade before they were seen by paramedics.

A ground floor kitchen window, around 12 feet of guttering and a pipe were also damaged by the heat.