Unattended candle sparks New Year's Eve house fire in Sunderland

Woodville Crescent, High Barnes
Woodville Crescent, High Barnes
0
Have your say

Fire crews from two stations tackled a house fire in High Barnes on New Year's Eve after a candle was left unattended.

Firefighters from North Moor and Sunderland Central fire stations were called to the property in Woodville Crescent at 6.30pm on Thursday.

Crews spent around an hour putting out the blaze in the front room of the property.

Nobody is beleived to have been hurt.