Two-year-old freed by Seaham firefighters after getting head stuck in bed frame

editorial image
0
Have your say

A two-year-old boy has had to be freed by firefighters after getting his head stuck in metal bed railings.

It happened shortly before 7am today.

A crew from Seaham fire station was called out to Mount Stewart Street in the town after the boy’s mum alerted the emergency services.

Firefighter Richie Hudson said: “The mother wasn’t sure what time he had got his head stuck.

“We were only at the house briefly and managed to stretch the bars enough so that he could get himself out.

“He was alright but paramedics were there as a precaution.

“The lad was quiet as a mouse.”