Tot rescued after getting toilet seat stuck on head

IT'S STUCK: Two-year-old Makynli Hood had to be rescued by firefighters after getting a toilet training seat stuck on her head.
IT'S STUCK: Two-year-old Makynli Hood had to be rescued by firefighters after getting a toilet training seat stuck on her head.
11
Have your say

A MISCHIEVOUS tot had to be rescued by firefighters after she got a toilet training seat stuck on her head.

Two-year-old Makynli Hood caused panic when she decided to put a plastic seat – used to let toddlers sit on the toilet – over her head and couldn’t get it off.

IT'S STUCK: Two-year-old Makynli Hood had to be rescued by firefighters after getting a toilet training seat stuck on her head.

IT'S STUCK: Two-year-old Makynli Hood had to be rescued by firefighters after getting a toilet training seat stuck on her head.

Her mum, Aimee, had just bought the training seat that day for £2.99 from Home Bargains after a friend suggested it may be a useful tool.

The 23-year-old, of Parkside Crescent, Seaham, said: “She has an obsession with putting things on her head and around her neck – she’s always pinching my knickers out of the dryer to wear as a necklace.

“But I never thought for one minute she’d get that over her head. I couldn’t believe it when she started screaming and walked in the kitchen with it around her neck.”

Aimee, a full-time mum, was in the kitchen on Thursday when Makynli appeared with the toilet seat in her hand, insisting that it was unwrapped from its packaging.

I tried greasing her up with baby shampoo and Fairy Liquid thinking that would help get it off but it still wouldn’t budget – all it did was turn her green.

Aimee Hood, Makynli’s mum

Aimee did as she was told and returned to what she was doing before hearing a scream from the sitting room.

She said: “She was just in the sitting room watching Peppa Pig while I was in the kitchen and she wanted it out the wrapping so I did it and gave her it back and she went back off into the sitting room.

“I just heard her scream and she came back into the kitchen with it around her head and I couldn’t believe it.

“I tried for about 20 minutes to get it off but it just wouldn’t budge. I could get it up on to her head but that was it.

IT'S STUCK: Two-year-old Makynli Hood had to be rescued by firefighters after getting a toilet training seat stuck on her head.

IT'S STUCK: Two-year-old Makynli Hood had to be rescued by firefighters after getting a toilet training seat stuck on her head.

“I tried greasing her up with baby shampoo and Fairy Liquid thinking that would help get it off but it still wouldn’t budget – all it did was turn her green.”

Aimee then realised the toilet seat removal would require some extra muscle.

She added: “My cousin, Adam Smith, was here and he couldn’t get it off either.

“He said I’d have to ring the fire brigade so I rang Seaham station and they said they’d be right over.

“They pulled up outside the house in a fire engine and three of them came in – I was just expecting one of them to come up in a car.

“She sat on my knee and one of the firefighters kept her calm while the others cut the seat off.

“She doesn’t like her potty, she just uses it as a seat so I bought her that seat so she could sit on it to use the toilet.

“She has got this obsession with putting things on her head and wearing things as necklaces, but I never thought that would go over her head.

“She is very mischievous but she’s never done anything like that before.

“It’s definitely a story to tell her when she’s older. I’m never getting rid of the pictures.”