LOOKING for something to do? Here’s five things to enjoy this weekend:
• Fire and Ice Walk - The Heel & Toe Children’s Charity in Durham are looking for volunteers to walk over hot coals or broken glass to raise money for the charity. The money raised will go towards helping children with Cerebral Palsy and other physical disabilities. Minimum sponsorship for either event is £125 and £175 for volunteers who want to do both walks. To volunteer, contact Debora Hammond at firstname.lastname@example.org. The all day event will take place this Saturday November 1.
• Age UK Gorgeous Vintage Event - Age UK in Sunderland will be holding their fourth annual vintage event this Saturday November 1. Items ranging from clothing and accessories will be available as well as cameras and china alongside refreshments.
• Sister Act: The Musical - Based on the 1992 Whoopi Goldberg film the musical finishes it’s run this Saturday November 1 at Darlington Civic Theatre. Tickets from £19.
• Sunderland Poppy Run -The Royal British Legion will be at Silksworth Ski Slope on Sunday November 2 to raise funds for the Poppy Appeal.
The 5km fun run can be jogged or walked and is open to all ages. Open from 11am, tickets for adults are £15, children £10.
• Victorian Illusion Week - Belsay Hall in Newcastle will be exposing the secrets and trickery behind Victorian magic this weekend and is giving visitors a chance to take part in magical illusions like the ‘Magic Eye’ and ‘Barberpole.’ The event runs everyday from 11am and finishes this Sunday November 2. Adult tickets £8.00, Children £4.80.