DCSIMG

Sunderland resident puts out fire with pot of water

editorial image

editorial image

 

A FIRE which broke out in a block of flats in Hendon was already extinguished by the time firefighters arrived.

The occupant of a second-floor maisonette in Victoria Square threw a pan of water over the flames after a skirting board caught fire inside the front door.

Three fire engines were called to the purpose-built block at 5.55pm on Monday and found a 1-metre section of skirting board had been damaged by fire.

The resident, who was still in the property when help arrived, was not injured.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page