THINGS are looking good for movie star Jessica Biel – with a little help from Durham make-up artist Amanda Bell.
Amanda was hired to make sure the American actress was looking her best for the recent Brit Awards ceremony. The Total Recall star was at the ceremony to support husband Justin Timberlake, who was performing.
However, Amanda missed out on the chance to meet the heart-throb singer. “I was in their hotel room, but Justin was rehearsing, so he wasn’t there,” she said.
She didn’t get to catch the ceremony either: “Apparently, he was fantastic, but I was back on the train to Durham by the time that he was on.”
It is not the first time Amanda had done Jessica’s make-up. The pair met several years ago in London.
“I used to be the head make-up artist for Lancome and as part of that, I used to do make-up for all the people who were too famous to come in, the likes of Jessica Biel, Goldie Hawn, Naomie Harris, Sienna Miller, people who are really in the public eye,” said Amanda.
“I have no idea how they came to get in touch this time.
“I got an email from a London talent agency, asking if I was free to go down and that was really the start of it.
“Maybe they were just sounding out her previous make-up artists.”
Amanda gave up life down south some time ago to return to her native County Durham. “I’m from Seaham and my husband and I just wanted to come back home,” she said.
“We were thinking about starting a family and that is why we decided to make the move.
“It has worked out well because we now have two girls and it just feels great to be back home.
- Boss Di Canio wants six new men for Sunderland
- Bus crashes into Sunderland JobCentre
- Pool pervert used shoe mirror to spy on woman changing in Sunderland Aquatic Centre
- Survival assured, Sunderland boss can plan future
- ‘You can’t live a lie and spend your life feeling sad’ – transgender modelling competition finalist tells all
- DOBSON MARKS START OF HEALTH C
- Di Canio: Sunderland players will get a shorter summer break if they don’t perform well at Tottenham
- Last post is 6.30pm (but get here by 5.30pm)
- TV chef Martin Blunos takes over the kitchen at Seaham Hall
- Sunderland museums and arts centres lose out as donations head to London
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Sunderland
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North