Neighbour raises the alarm during house fire

editorial image
1
Have your say

A QUICK-THINKING neighbour raised the alarm after fire broke out in a kitchen.

Twelve firefighters from Sunderland Central and North Moor fire stations were called to Lilian Avenue, Ryhope, this morning at 12.24.

A neighbour had heard the smoke alarms which had been fitted in the property and rang 999.

The occupants managed to get out before the arrival of firefighters.

It’s thought the grill had been left on which, coupled with up a build up of fat and grease, led to the blaze.

The fire was confined to the grill and oven, but the rest of the kitchen suffered smoke damage.