Neighbour helps Sunderland home owner after tumble dryer blaze

Woodstock Avenue. Image courtesy of Google
Woodstock Avenue. Image courtesy of Google
1
Have your say

A woman was being treated at the scene of a house fire after her tumble dryer caught alight.

Firecrews from Sunderland Central and North Moor are still on the scene of the incident at Woodstock Avenue after the blaze started at 5.50pm today.

A male neighbour helped to bring the female occupant to safety, who is being examined by paramedics as a precaution.

Though the cause of the blaze is still being investigated, it’s believed it started in the tumble dryer which was completely destroyed in the fire.

The remainder of the two-storey semi-detached house suffered heat and smoke damage.