MP backs fuel danger campaign

0
Have your say

A CAMPAIGN to save the lives of campers has been backed by a North East MP.

Grahame Morris, who represents the Easington constituency, is supporting the Carbon Monoxide Awareness charity as it warns of the dangers of poisoning from used barbecues when they are stored inside tents.

The national effort is a joint venture between the organisation and Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service, with the help of major retailers including Asda, Tesco, Morrison’s, Homebase, B&Q and Dunelm Mill.

They have pledged to put up point-of-sale notices in stores.

Mr Morris said: “I am delighted to be supporting this important campaign to promote greater awareness of the dangers presented by carbon monoxide poisoning. “Carbon monoxide is a colourless and odourless gas.

“Many people do not realise they are breathing in these deadly fumes until it is too late.”

Symptoms of the poisoning include headaches, dizziness, nausea, drowsiness, confusion and fatigue.