Microwavable slippers force woman to flee her Sunderland home

editorial image
0
Have your say

A PREGNANT woman was left needing hospital treatment after her microwaveable slippers forced her to flee her home.

The 19-year-old had received the B&M slippers – containing inserts designed for the microwave – as a Christmas gift.

But when she went to heat them up on Thursday night, her faulty microwave oven caught fire, sending out plumes of smoke across her first floor flat in Hill View, Sunderland.

The woman, who is five months pregnant, called the fire brigade before leaving the building.

She was then taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital and kept in overnight while doctors checked her and the baby’s condition.