Man taken to hospital after fire at Sunderland flat

editorial image
0
Have your say

A MAN suffered a burn and inhaled smoke after a fire at a Sunderland flat.

Two crews from Sunderland Central fire station were called out to the single storey property in Claremont Terrace, Ashbrooke, shortly before 7pm on Saturday.

A fire had started in the open plan kitchen area, which was five per cent damaged by fire and heat.

The rest of the property was 60 per cent damaged by smoke.

Positive pressure ventilation fans were used by firefighters to clear the smoke.

The flat owner got out before crews arrived and was given oxygen by paramedics before being taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital suffering from smoke inhalation and also for treatment to a burn on his index finger.