Man rescued from chip pan fire in Sunderland

editorial image
0
Have your say

A MAN was rescued from a blaze caused after he left a chip pan unattended.

Twelve firefighters from Farringdon and Sunderland Central stations were called to a fire in Hendon Valley Road, Hendon, at 11.15pm last night.

A fire had broken out in the single storey terraced cottage where a chip pan was left unattended in the kitchen.

A man was rescued by firefighters from the living room and given oxygen therapy until paramedics arrived.

He was taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital suffering from slight smoke inhalation.

The kitchen was left damaged by fire and smoke and the bathroom and hallway were also smoke-damaged.