Man removed from Sunderland home by firefighters

Fire
Fire
0
Have your say

A MAN had to be ‘forcibly removed’ from his home by firefighters after a kitchen blaze early today.

Two crews from Farringdon and one from the city centre were called to Gilbert Road in Grindon at 2.40am to a report of a pan of oil on fire.

The householder had used a piece of wood to tackle the blaze, which had also caught fire, but had managed to put the fire out himself.

He was removed from the house by firefighters and taken to Sunderland Royal Hospital by ambulance, suffering from an irregular heart rhythm.