Man escapes unhurt from Sunderland flat fire

news
news
0
Have your say

CARELESSLY discarded smoking materials have been blamed for a fire at a flat in Downhill today.

Firefighters from Fulwell fire station were called to the property in Kingsland Square around 10am.

The bedroom was damaged by smoke and flames but the occupant, who had been in the sitting room at the time, escaped unhurt.

“It could have been a lot worse for him if he had not had working smoke alarms,” said watch manager Steve Bewick.