Man escapes kitchen fire

0
Have your say

A MAN fled his home after a chip pan fire spread through the kitchen.

At about 5.50pm yesterday, fire crews from Seaham and Peterlee were called to Parkside Crescent, Seaham, after a report of a kitchen blaze.

The occupant, aged in his 20s, had been asleep when the smoke alarm was set off by the fire.

He was out of the house when the fire service arrived, but he and a man who lives next door were both taken to Sunderland Royal for treatment for smoke inhalation.