Signed Sunderland shirt cheers up injured player
FOOTY-MAD Joe Errington was sick as a parrot after breaking his leg in practice.
But he was over the moon when his mates presented him with a signed Sunderland shirt as a reward for being such a good patient.
Joe, from Barnes, plays for Ryhope CW under-eights and broke his leg in January.
The eight-year-old even had a red-and-white plaster.
“Breaking his leg was a compete accident,” said mum Maxine, “but the support we have had from the club and the parents has been fantastic.
“I just want the club to get some recognition. They have always been there for us.
“They have got teams of all ages down there and do a brilliant job with them.”
Maxine was also full of praise for the medical care Joe received, and the way it enabled him to cope with such an upsetting experience.
“I think the hospital really helped too – everybody there was just great.”
- Boss Di Canio wants six new men for Sunderland
- Bus crashes into Sunderland JobCentre
- Pool pervert used shoe mirror to spy on woman changing in Sunderland Aquatic Centre
- Survival assured, Sunderland boss can plan future
- ‘You can’t live a lie and spend your life feeling sad’ – transgender modelling competition finalist tells all
- DOBSON MARKS START OF HEALTH C
- Di Canio: Sunderland players will get a shorter summer break if they don’t perform well at Tottenham
- Last post is 6.30pm (but get here by 5.30pm)
- TV chef Martin Blunos takes over the kitchen at Seaham Hall
- Sunderland museums and arts centres lose out as donations head to London
Search for a job
Search for a car
Search for a house
Weather for Sunderland
Sunday 19 May 2013
Temperature: 9 C to 16 C
Wind Speed: 10 mph
Wind direction: North east
Temperature: 9 C to 17 C
Wind Speed: 14 mph
Wind direction: North