DCSIMG

Family flee fire at Sunderland home

editorial image

editorial image

A FAMILY escaped their Sunderland home after a blaze broke out in a bedroom.

A FAMILY escaped their home after a blaze broke out in a bedroom.

Two parents and their child managed to get out of their semi-detached home in Polton Square, Pennywell, after an electrical appliance overheated.

The bedroom was left 35 per cent damaged by fire and 100 per cent damaged by smoke.

Two appliances from Sunderland Central fire station rushed to the scene where officers made sure the fire was put out, although the occupiers were able to extinguish the flames themselves before they arrived.

None of the people living in the home were left injured following the incident. 
It happened shortly after 6.30pm on Monday.

 
 
 

Back to the top of the page