DCSIMG

Chimney fire

A CHIMNEY blaze caused a wooden surround of a fireplace to catch light.

A crew of firefighters from Rainton Bridge were called to a house in North Road, Hetton, after material stuck to the side of the chimney caught fire.

The fire had caused the metal parts of the log burner to heat up, at 9.15pm on Monday, catch light and damage the surround.

The flames were extinguished and no-one was injured.

Firefighters have advised people who use solid fuel to make sure they have their chimney swept regularly to prevent them catching fire.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page