Jet washer sparks fire at Boldon car rental firm

Enterprise at Testo's roudabout. Photo copyright of Google Maps.
Enterprise at Testo's roudabout. Photo copyright of Google Maps.
0
Have your say

A car firm evacuated its Boldon base after a fire was caused by a piece of its valeting kit.

Firefighters from Washington and Hebburn were called to Enterprise, off the A184 Newcastle Road at Testo’s rounabout, at 11.30am today.

The call came after staff plugged in a jet washer and the socket blew, sparking a fire.

The crew found the blaze was already out when they arrived, with the workers all cleared from the building and the power closed down to the business.

The officers ensured there was no risk of a further fire and that the area was safe for the team to return to work.