A WARNING over the dangers of so-called legal highs has been issued after the latest incident when young people fell ill after taking the substances.
Northumbria Police has pleaded with people to shun the drugs after three teenagers began to vomit blood.
Superintendent Alan Veitch said: “We want people to be aware of the dangers of taking drugs, including so-called ‘legal highs’.
“I would like to stress that the use of legal high drugs is not safe and can kill or have a devastating impact on people’s health. These substances often contain potentially dangerous chemicals.”
Two girls and a boy, all aged 15, were taken from a Blyth house to hospital after falling ill and vomiting blood after taking a substance called Clockwork Orange Herbal Incense.