Hamster dies in blaze

0
Have your say

A HAMSTER died after a fire in Sunderland.

The blaze, at a three-storey house in Roker Park Road, Roker, started on the first floor of the property.

It is believed the fire started in the bedroom of a 15-year-old girl after an electrical fault with a heater.

Two dogs and a cat were rescued.

Firefighters from stations at Fulwell and North Moor dealt with the fire.

All six residents of the house escaped unharmed after the incident, which happened at about 10.30pm last night.