Grindon gas alert family flee home

0
Have your say

A FAMILY fled their home after a carbon monoxide alarm alerted them to the potentially killer gas.

Firefighters from North Moor station were called to a house in Grindon after the alarm activated.

A spokesman said: “The family did exactly the right thing in leaving the house and going to a neighbour’s before calling us.”

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus went into the home to ventilate the property, after being called out at about 8.50pm on Saturday.

They isolated any gas appliances prior to them being inspected by gas engineers for a fault.

The spokesman said: “This incident goes to show how important these detectors are.”