Gas leak break in

0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS broke into a house after a gas leak was sniffed out by a neighbour.

A resident in Grange Terrace, Shotton Colliery, called for help after they suspected a nearby house had sprung a leak.

Investigations by a crew from the fire service found the property at risk of explosion if a fire had been sparked.

Just before noon yesterday. firefighters wearing breathing apparatus broke in through a window to clear the fumes.

The gas supply to the house was sealed off and police were called as efforts were made to contact the owners.