Garage hit by blaze

0
Have your say

A FAMILY were alerted to a fire in their garage after hearing noises coming from the room.

Firefighters were called to Alder Grove in Parkside, Seaham, at 8.35pm yesterday after the home owners found the garage alight.

The crew arrived to find the roller door had already been raised and a large fire burning.

The officers used a water jet to put out the blaze.

The garage, beneath the bathroom of the property, was left badly damaged by the incident, but the rest of the house was not affected.

The couple and their one-year-old baby left the house after finding the fire and escaped injury.

Fire service investigators and their colleagues who dealt with the call-out are due to return to the house today as inquiries are carried out in to the cause.