Fork-lift blaze

0
Have your say

A FORK-lift truck caught light after packaging was sucked up into its motor.

Firefighters were called to MetroMail on the Foxcover Industrial Estate, Seaham, at 7.30pm on Sunday following the incident.

Concerned members of staff reported seeing smoke coming from the vehicle and contacted the emergency services.

The crew disconnected the propane cylinder which powered the truck in a bid to prevent any further risk and used an extinguisher to put out the fire.

A thermal imaging camera was then used to check the blaze was out before fire crews secured the area.

No-one was hurt in the incident.