Firefighters’ warning after Sunderland mattress blaze

editorial image
0
Have your say

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a home in the city today after an old mattress in the garden was set ablaze.

Crews from Sunderland Central were called to Canon Cockin Street at 3.50am this morning to put out the fire.

Watch Manager Alan Patterson, said the mattress was propped up next to the garage door, so the fire could easily have spread to the house if it had not been put out in time.

He said: “We would advice people not to put items like this outside in the garden. If you ring the council they will come and take them away.”